Foreign Trade Zone 193
Pasco County businesses that import and export goods frequently enjoy cost and time-saving benefits from participating in Foreign Trade Zone No 193. Managed from Pinellas County and encompassing Pinellas, Pasco & Hernando counties, Foreign Trade 193 is a designated area in which foreign and domestic merchandise is generally considered by the U.S. Government as being outside the U.S. Customs territory. Certain types of merchandise can be imported into a zone without going through formal Customs entry procedures or paying import duties.
Are you considering operating within a FTZ? Here are some questions to help you get started:
- Do you manufacture, assemble or process imports?
- Do you export previously imported materials?
- Do you regularly pay more than $485/week in merchandise processing fees?
- Do you have to wait long periods of time for your orders to get through customs?
- Do you scrap reject, destroy, waste or return some of your imports?
Save Time and Money with Foreign Trade Zone 193
Streamline Customs Clearance
A Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) is a secured site within the United States, but technically considered outside of U.S. Customs’ jurisdiction, allowing shippers to streamline Customs clearance.
Operate More Efficiently
Efficiently manage cash flow and save a significant amount of money on imported cargo shipments or manufacturing and distribution operations by using FTZ 193.
Room to Grow
FTZ 193 operates under the Alternative Site Framework (ASF), which extends the zone to include three counties and more than 2,000 square miles in the Tampa Bay region.
The FTZ’s Alternative Site Framework allows for easy integration into your company’s existing site/location.
Storage and distribution sites can be approved in 30 days; manufacturing and processing plants can be approved within 120 days.
Some of the best industrial land sites in the entire United States are available within FTZ 193
Defer and Reduce Taxes
- Defer customs duties and taxes until merchandise is transferred from the FTZ to domestic market.
- Reduce merchandise processing/entry fees substantially with just one entry filed each week and just one fee per entry.
- Reduce duties on goods processed or assembled in the FTZ when imported components have a higher duty rate than the finished goods.
- Eliminate duties entirely on scrap, damages, zone transfers, and on goods re-exported.
Foreign Trade Zones Cost Benefit & Savings Worksheets
ADD TO REPORT
As you navigate our website, you can use the “Add Page to Report” button to add any page or property to a custom report that you can print out or save.