Pasco EDC Employment Opportunities
Reports To: President/CEO
Job Status: Full-time; Salaried
Send resume and cover letter via email. Click the button below.
Professionals design, direct, and implement an end product related to given assignments, as well as participate in developing marketing programs and campaigns. Duties include project and annual budgets, research, writing, graphic design, media relations, web design and maintenance, and events organization and implementation. Incumbents may be required to serve as designated spokesperson.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
- Conceptualizes and designs professional, high-end graphic design projects from concept to completion
- Conceives, writes, and produces a variety of collateral materials, including general information brochures, booklets, directories, flyers, advertisements, messages, and signs
- Collaborates with team to create themes for large special events, advertising, programs and promotional campaigns
- Assists with preparation of marketing budgets and plans
- Assists with tracking budget and organization information, such as maintaining balances, researching discrepancies, and preparing related financial reports
- Organizes and coordinates all tradeshow sponsorships, budgets, and displays
- Purchases media, advertisements and tradeshow related expenses
- Assists in special projects for the President/CEO as requested
- Manages, edits, and contributes to the publication and distribution of the organization’s newsletters, major publications, and websites
- Writes, submits and follows-up to ensure placement on press releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media.
- Coordinates direct mail and email campaigns
- Manages all social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Films, edits and produces short videos of events & interviews with companies, etc.
- Gathers and manages data and demographic information collection
- Taking photographs
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Print and broadcast media
- Advertisement design and layout
- Electronic media sources
- Public relations
- Business and technical communications
- Non-profit services and operations
- Public information, media relations, and journalism
- Desktop publishing and computer aided design hardware and software
- Website design and maintenance, HTML, etc.
- Writing marketing plans and budgets
- Using a computer and related software applications
- Designing and laying out informational materials
- Media relations
- Making speeches and presentations
- Preparing publications
- Writing and editing copy
- Taking photographs
- Creating graphics
- Coordinating events and publicity campaigns
- Preparing press releases
- Monitoring budgets
- Budget preparation
- Demographic research and data collection
- Social media
- Meet deadlines and produce error-free work
- Develop, plan and implement high-quality, professional graphics
- Use graphic design software including but not limited to: Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Illustrator)
- Operate digital camera, scanners, printers, and related equipment
- Work independently on projects from concept to completion without direct supervision
- Communicate ideas and design proposals effectively through oral, visual and written communication
- Prioritize and schedule projects
- Drive a vehicle
- Prepare bid and project specifications for printing, promotional items and special event elements and evaluate the credentials/qualifications of vendors
- Learn new software and keep current with technology and software advancement
- Promote the image of the company through choice, use and distribution of promotional items, creative printed pieces and advertising
- Edit text and content for accuracy, proper spelling and grammar
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in graphic design, communications, marketing or related field and five-years directly related experience based upon assignment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Must have at the time of hire and be able to maintain a valid Florida driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary and light work: Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Also, light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Work station is located in a busy, open area office with frequent interruptions.
Some travel may be required.
ADD TO REPORT
As you navigate our website, you can use the “Add Page to Report” button to add any page or property to a custom report that you can print out or save.