Pasco EDC Employment Opportunity
Reports To: Program Director
Job Status: Part Time; Hourly - 25 hours per week
Pay range: $10 - $13 per hour
Send resume and cover letter via email. Click the button below.
Incumbent provides support for small business development program administration and planning. Position is primarily located on-site at a SMARTstart Business Incubator and is responsible for promotion and event coordination, updating of programs and information on the website, coordination of news releases and events, tracking of leads received through Pasco Enterprise Network (PEN), prospect and program activity reporting. Assists the Program Director with initial contact and follow up with prospective clients, ongoing contact with clients and other customer service functions; provides information on programs and communicates with Advisory Board members and strategic partners. Responsibilities also include coordinating calendars for events, workshops classes, mentors, and incubator clients, as well as other duties assigned by the Program Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and documents efforts through Goldmine; a client-tracking database
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
- Manage events calendars, and arrange appointments
- Conducts basic research to identify emerging needs, trends, and services related to recruitment and location of incubator clients and affiliate members or other assigned areas of responsibility
- Performs accounts receivable invoicing and tracking of SMARTstart clients
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Knowledge of:
- Basic clerical/accounting principles
- Basic promotion and communication methods
- Basic website principles
- Experience desired in any aspect of small business, or personally owning or operating a commercial venture.
- Manage administrative duties
- Work independently to achieve established goals
- Coordinate multiple schedules of classes, events and client work plans
- Assist with editing and distributing press releases
- Distribution of newsletters and email publications
- Work with Program Director to recruit office, technology and industrial users as needed
- Facilitate prospect tours
- Meet deadlines
- Use a computer and related software; type accurately.
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with SMARTstart partners, coworkers, Program Director, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Drive a vehicle
Education and/or Experience
High School graduate or GED, vocational experience or 2- years’ experience in related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Post-secondary experience preferred.
Must have at the time of hire and be able to maintain a valid Florida driver license. Must have reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Some travel may be required.
ADD TO REPORT
As you navigate our website, you can use the “Add Page to Report” button to add any page or property to a custom report that you can print out or save.